After successfully obtaining your pharmacy technician certification, the next big step that you have to work your best on is writing your resume for your job application. A resume serves as a document that shows your career path as a pharmacy technician. Your pharmacy technician resume can make or break your future towards a promising career so you must write it in the most impressive way possible. Here are a number of tips that you can refer to in writing your pharmacy technician resume:
1. Formulation of your objectives
Your job application objectives is the first paragraph that you employer will see in your resume. You must compose your objectives in a way that it is congruent with what the hospital or company wants from their workers. You can look at a hospital’s mission and vision and create your objectives patterned to it.
2. Highlight your edge as a pharmacy technician
You can make your resume as a pharmacy technician stand out if you are going to highlight the citations, honors and awards that you have received that is related to the field of your work. Special skills can also make an employer interested with you such as is you’re an article writer or a good event coordinator. Most employers look at these aspects too as they can use these skills for hospital or company projects and programs.
3. Working out on your Job History
An employer will always refer to your job history as a working experience will always be plus points for anyone applying for a job. You must elaborate any previous work experience that you have. On the other hand, if you are just a fresh graduate, your externships or on the job trainings may be the aspects that your employer will dwell on.
4. Other Reminders
In making your resume, you may want to apply these advices to make your resume as eye catching as possible:
- Keep your resume brief but interesting.
- Use bold letters for your honors or citations so that your employer can see it right away.
- Check your resume for any grammatical and spelling errors before submitting or even printing it.
- It is advisable that you use bullet points, single spacing within paragraphs but double spacing in between paragraphs, and apply the necessary formal and creative formatting styles.
If you are aiming for a promising career as a pharmacy technician, you must carefully and creatively write a remarkable resume.
15 Broadway Street
To make the best use of my professional skills and experience in a well established medical center where I also get the opportunity to enhance my knowledge-base by understanding further nuances of this profession.
- Extensive knowledge of medications and medical terminologies
- Broad understanding of all areas of pharmaceutical operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge on medication preparation
- Data entry and good computer knowledge
Pharmacy Technician, ABC General Hospital, Chicago, IL, 2005-Present
- Maintaining records on computer of prescriptions and drug interactions
- Preparing compounding medications
- Maintaining computer records for drug inventory
- Labeling and prepackaging of medications
- Maintaining patient records
- Explaining pharmaceutical procedures to patients undertaking any tests
XYZ Health Care Center, Chicago, IL, 2003-2005
- Data entry of prescription orders and payments
- Preparing and bottling medications
- Final checks on filled prescriptions
- Maintaining patient records
- Receiving and recording prescription orders on computers
- Maintaining cleanliness in labs and supervising general cleanliness at the health care center
- Assisting patients with procedural information
Pharmacy Technician Associates Degree, Boston University, 2002
Certified Pharmacy Technician from the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT)